If you haven’t heard of Kahala by the Sea yet, it’s my pleasure to introduce you to this stunning new luxurious estate project on Kahala Avenue. I fell in love with this project the minute I saw it and I couldn’t wait to share it with you. Gorgeous Kahala Avenue homes are a rarity — most need full remodel at this point in time. This is the perfect place purchase if you’ve been dreaming of Kahala beachside living. Keep reading to see why I love Kahala by the Sea and the one thing that blew my mind.
- Step from your home to the beach in seconds
Those familiar with Kahala Avenue know, there are just 47 oceanfront lots along the historic and prestigious stretch. Only 28 lots run from Kahala Avenue to the beach, and just seven of those are larger than one acre — making Kahala by the Sea a rare opportunity to have the privilege of stepping from your front yard right onto the beach.
- Sandy beaches in front of your home
Many oceanfront homes in Kahala (and Diamond Head) have a seawall fronting the property and no sandy beach. The rarity of having both an oceanfront home in addition to sandy beaches to play and relax on is important and quite valuable.
- Security and privacy.
Kahala By the Sea will have its own private security staff ensuring your peace of mind and safety while both living here and traveling abroad. Each home will have a private, gated yard for each owner as well as a private pool for each residence.
- Age in place
Each residence is two stories yet every home will feature an elevator for easy access. The 2nd floor will feature the best views and the master bedroom suite but the ground floor will have a junior suite as well, perfect for when navigating the stairs becomes an inconvenience.
- New construction at the highest quality and design is a rare find oceanfront in Kahala. Why go through the headache of building or renovating for years when you can move right into these ultra-luxury homes and start enjoying the good life today? Oceanfront homes are rarely built new and finding a clean, modern design that today’s homeowners want is rare in an area with older homes. With Benjamin Woo Architects (responsible for the stunning Park Lane residences) and Philpotts Interiors (established in Hawaii over 50 years), your home will capture the elegance and timeless appeal of an instant masterpiece.
And the 1 Reason to Make You Reconsider…
The monthly dues will be nearly $11,000! While there are a host of services this fee includes, this is still a substantial monthly payment. This covers the General Manager, Private Security plus the landscaping, pool service, general maintenance (landscaping, grounds, etc.) plus the insurance (including flood) of these oceanfront homes. I’ll need to dig into this figure further but this is something that is quite substantial to consider. Once broken down, cost by cost, it might make sense though.
All images courtesy of Kahala by the Sea.
Latest posts by Kimo Smigielski (see all)
- March 2018 to 2019 Oahu Home Resale Update - April 10, 2019
- January 2018 to 2019 Oahu Home Resale Update - February 15, 2019
- Fixing Oahu’s Tight Housing Market - October 16, 2018
- 5 Surprising Ways to Help Your Home Sell Faster - July 13, 2018
- 5 Reasons to Love Kahala By The Sea (and 1 Reason You Won’t) - July 12, 2018